The Discipleship/Evangelism Dilemma.
- The purpose of the typical local church youth group is two-fold.
- That makes it hard.
- Evangelism/Discipleship mind map
The Inevitable Culture Paradigm.
- Most popular music artist of 2009(.41). We definitely have a cultural paradigm!
- Our paradigm can be barrier! Without understanding the difference between the gospel and our paradigm half the battle will be trying to convert people to CRBC-anity. Examples of barriers; music style, clothing style, prayer style, study style, cultural taboos.
- Be aware that you do have a limited paradigm: Protected upbringing, negative/positive experiences, education, job, religious/ethical foundation
- What you win them with, is what you win them to. So what are we supposed to win them to?
The Forgetful Redeemed.
- We forget how evil sin is, and we shamelessly add to the hell-born punishment the perfect prince of peace suffers for us.
- We forget how bad hell is, and everyone we see who hasn’t called upon the name of Jesus God’s son is going there.
- We forget how good God is, everyday, more and more, until something reminds us.
- We forget how forgetful we are, and our songs, reading, prayer, all become routine.